
Rumors: They can start and end just about anywhere. Rumors can be vicious, as many of us know, but sometimes they are simply entertaining. Unfortunately, some people get tangled in the rumors and end up getting in trouble, whether it be with a friend, or with authority. Rumors are mostly nasty, and while I was at school, I was thinking about how rumors spread.
First, a person tells another party the truth (or perhaps not, depending on the person) and asks the party to keep this information confidential. The other party swears they won't tell anyone else. Then they break their promise and tell another person what they remember hearing. The key word: remember. This is how things get distorted. People tell what they remember, but the more people the information goes through, the more blurry the actual saying gets, and it can get pretty outrageous.
Then I was thinking about how people that don't even talk to each other know things about each other that they would never share. This happens because they may have a common friend...or they may have a friend who has a friend who has a friend who is friends with the person that they aren't friends with. Crazy, right? I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore. I try.
Moral of the story: If you don't want something personal spread around and known by everyone and their cousin, make sure that the people you tell are true friends and won't
spread it around. It can be hard to straighten out.
"That is how I strategize, so hold your breath for this surprise."

No comments:
Post a Comment